27 Public Speaking Quotes That Can Inspire You to Become a Better Speaker



What public speaking quotes can give you? While working on this list I tried to include the most interesting quotes that can inspire you to become a better speaker. Besides being motivational these quotes include bits of public speaking wisdom that are essential to keep your listeners on the edge of their seats.

1) “If you can’t communicate and talk to other people and get across your ideas, you’re giving up your potential.” – Warren Buffet

2) “If I went back to college again, I’d concentrate on two areas: learning to write and to speak before an audience. Nothing in life is more important than the ability to communicate effectively.” – Gerald R. Ford

3) “Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot.” – D. H. Lawrence

4) “Always give a speech that you would like to hear.” – Andrii Sedniev

5) “If you can’t write your message in a sentence, you can’t say it in an hour.” – Dianna Booher

6) “The success of your presentation will be judged not by the knowledge you send but by what the listener receives.” – Lilly Walters

7) “If you don’t know what you want to achieve in your presentation your audience never will.” – Harvey Diamond

8) “Best way to conquer stage fright is to know what you’re talking about.”- Michael H Mescon

9) “There are only two types of speakers in the world. 1. The nervous and 2. Liars.” – Mark Twain

10) “It usually takes me more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech. – Mark Twain

11) “No one ever complains about a speech being too short!” – Ira Hayes

12) “90% of how well the talk will go is determined before the speaker steps on the platform.” – Somers White

13) “It takes one hour of preparation for each minute of presentation time.” – Wayne Burgraff

14) “The most precious things in speech are the pauses.” – Sir Ralph Richardson

15) “Well-timed silence has more eloquence than speech.” – Martin Fraquhar Tupper

16) “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” – Carl W. Buechner

17) “The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.” – Mark Twain

18) “Find out what’s keeping them up nights and offer hope. Your theme must be an answer to their fears.” – Gerald C Myers

19) “99% of the population is afraid of public speaking and of the remaining 1%, 99% of them have nothing original and interesting to say.” – Jarod Kintz

20) “In presentations or speeches less really is more.” – Stephen Keague

21) “Speeches measured by the hour die with the hour” – Thomas Jefferson

22) “It’s much easier to be convincing if you care about your topic. Figure out what’s important to you about your message and speak from the heart” – Nicholas Boothman

23) “Only the prepared speaker deserves to be confident.” – Dale Carnegie

24) “Speakers who talk about what life has taught them never fail to keep the attention of their listeners.” – Dale Carnegie

25) “It is not failure itself that holds you back; it is the fear of failure that paralyzes you.” -Brian Tracy

26) “All you need is something to say, and a burning desire to say it… it doesn’t matter where your hands are.” – Lou Holtz

27) “If you don’t use stories audience members may enjoy your speech, but there is no chance they’ll remember it.” – Andrii Sedniev

I hope that these 27 public speaking quotes inspired you to become a better speaker. Implement some of the ideas from this list in your next speech and I am sure your audience will remember it for years.

Watch great speakers: 15 Best Public Speaking Videos Every Speaker Should Watch

To become a world-class speaker read: Magic of Public Speaking Book

Do you want to learn more public speaking tips? Subscribe to the mailer list on the right of this page.

Was the post helpful? Press
like and share with your friends


Where do you want your FREE report to be sent?


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *